The Montgomery Federation was launched on the 24th January 1938. Calf Clubs and Young Farmers’ Clubs had existed in their own right before this date but without a County Federation.
The first County Rally was held in 1943.
The YFC year 1954 - 1955 saw the highest number of clubs and members ever seen in the County with 29 Clubs and 1,196 members!
The First County Eisteddfod was held in Llanfair Caereinion in 1950.
As well as all the active YFC’s we know today, there used to be clubs based in the following villages;
|Kerry YFC||Carno YFC|
|Breddin YFC||Oakley Park YFC|
|Clywedog YFC||Machynlleth YFC|
|Llanwnog YFC||Brooks& District YFC|
|Leighton YFC||Churchstoke YFC|
|Llandinam YFC||Bettws Cedewain YFC|
|Adfa & Cefn Coch YFC||Robert Owen YFC|
|Llanrhaeadr YFC||Penybont Fawr & District YFC|
|Vale of Banw SchoOl YFC||Meifod YFC|
|Pontdolgoch YFC||Llansanffraid YFC|
|Llanfihangel YFC||Churchstoke & Montgomery YFC|
The oldest active club in Montgomery is Four Crosses YFC which was born in 1933.
For more information on the History of the Federation please contact the County Office.