The Montgomery YFC Field Day sees members from each club taking part in agricultural based competitions.
The event is held in September and includes various competitions, these include, stock Judging, ATV Challenge, Efficiency with Safety (e.g. farm safety skills, first aid and knowledge of safe use of farm machinery and quad bikes), Fencing, Cookery, Flower Arranging and Performance / Public Speaking.
Stock Judging consist of a number of disciplines; Butcher’s Beef, Dairy Cattle, Fat Lambs, Breeding Ewes, Pigs and Carcass. Stock Judging is held both prior to the Field Day and on the day itself.
Winners from the various competitions have the opportunity of going forward to represent Montgomeryshire at Wales and National levels.
FIELD DAY 2018
Saturday, 29th September 2018
Belan, Llanfair Caereinion
Berriew / Four Crosses / Guilsfield / Llanfair Caereinion / Sarn
· Chairman: Jess Banks, CFfI Sarn YFC
· Vice- Chairman: Elin Watkin, CFfI Llanfair Caereinion YFC
· Secretary: Bryony Wilson, CFfI Berriew YFC
· Treasurer: Lucy Morgan, CFfI Four Crosses YFC
· Food Co-ordinator: Tesni Jones, CFfI Guilsfield YFC